HEB logo_TransparentDownload File
The Sivadas-HEB Education Fund offers Hindu students from low-income families pursuing tertiary education financial assistance to help them meet the cost of their education. Students can apply for either a Tuition Subsidy or an Education Grant.
Calls for students to apply for these bursaries are advertised in the Straits Times, posted on the HEB website and on HEB’s Facebook page. Letters are also sent to all public and approved private tertiary institutions to alert students of the availability of the assistance scheme.
Applications are normally open in April/May and September/October.
To be eligible for a bursary, students:
- Must be Singapore citizens or permanent residents
- Must be Hindus
- Monthly household per capita income (total monthly household income divided by number of persons in the household) must not exceed $1,900
- A Tuition Subsidy is for students enrolled in a Singapore registered Private Education Institution (PEI) approved by the Committee for Private Education (CPE) and pursuing a course leading to a first diploma or a first degree conferred by well-established universities and institutions.
- Applicants for the Tuition Subsidy must be enrolled in a PEI that has been awarded the EduTrust Star or EduTrust (4-year award) by the CPE.
- The subsidy will be up to 50% of the yearly tuition fee subject to a maximum as determined by the Sivadas-HEB Education Fund Committee.
- An Education Grant is for students pursuing:
- a first undergraduate degree in NUS, NTU, SMU, SUSS, SUTD or SIT
- a first diploma in Nanyang Polytechnic, Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Republic Polytechnic, Singapore Polytechnic or Temasek Polytechnic
- a first, publicly funded Diploma programme in LASALLE College of the Arts or The Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts
- a course in any of the Ministry of Education’s Institutes of Technical Education (ITE)
- The Education Grant is a one-off grant, for a specific category, namely ITE, Polytechnic (Poly) or University (Uni). Applicants who have previously received an EduGrant are not eligible to re-apply under the same category. They can apply if they are now in a different category of study (for example, from ITE to Poly). The grant amount will vary according to the category.
Students who wish to apply for a Sivadas – HEB Tertiary Bursary should follow HEB on Facebook, WhatsApp or Instagram to find out when applications are open.
Applications are now open. Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 22 September 2021. Shortlisted applicants may be required to attend an interview within 3 weeks of the closing date.
Applications must be submitted online through the Hindu Endowments Board website (www.heb.org.sg)
For assistance, please contact: Ms Hemma | 65939209 or Mr Subra | 65939211
Applications are now open. Closing date for applications is Wednesday, 22 September 2021.