The Therapy Aide supports the Occupational Therapist (OT / Physiotherapist (PT) in administering therapy services to our clients, as well as assisting in documentation such as reporting, filing and preparation of reports.
- Assist therapist in implementing individual group treatments to clients in the centre or carry out planned therapy sessions as defined by the OT/PT
- Assist OT/PT in procedures that include ambulation, gait training, active and passive exercise and muscular re-education with the use of mobility aids and equipment
- Receive and prepare clients for rehabilitative therapy
- Assist OT/PT in setting up apparatus for clients’ usage
- Supervise and oversee clients who are practising their exercises while OT/PT is engaged in treating other patients. Monitor clients during heat and any other electrotherapy treatment.
- Make splints and pressure garments under OT/PT supervision.
- Take blood pressure and temperature of clients before exercises
- Monitor clients mobility and alert nursing staff or OT/PT on abnormality for immediate follow-up
- Ensure the safety of clients during therapy sessions
- Maintain updated documentation of all treatment record / case notes of clients
- Assist in keeping therapy areas tidy and ready for treatment; clean therapy equipment; change pillow cases / towels and maintain general cleanliness and hygiene of the centre
- Maintain stock / inventory of therapy items, equipment and domestic items required by the centre. Help with the ordering of departmental stocks from various stores
- Evaluate and document clients’ therapy needs, progress and review every three monthly.
- Assist in serving meals and drinks, and feeding patients.
- Escort patients to and fro between their homes and the Senior Care Centre.
Applied should have a WSQ certificate in Therapy Support
Salary Range: $1,700 – $2,200
Interested applicants should email: Archana Mishra ([email protected])
Inquiries: 6386 3731 (DID) / 9712 1741 (Mobile)