- This event has passed.
Ayurveda Health Talk
June 5 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
About this Programme:
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian holistic system of nutrition that has been practised by millions for thousands of years. It is known as “the science of life” and covers vast range of topics from philosophy to body mind soul environment seasons plants animals etc. The talk by Ms Vasanthi Pillay, President of the Ayurveda Association of Singapore (AAOS) will delve deeper into it’s background, explain it’s universal and timeless principles and why it continues to guide us in holistic wellness today.
The key topics that will be covered are:
• Ayurvedic perspective of Nourishment
• Customised nutrition vs broad based nutrition
• Why digestion is the key to health
• Ayurveda concept of gut microbiome and gut health
• Why and how thoughts play a role in nutrition
In addition, all participants will receive a Herbal drink recipe to help improve digestion.