Whoever said having something sweet every day is not good for your health has never had jaggery before! Join Chef Devagi and revel in the goodness of nature’s candy as she demonstrates 2 well-loved festive Indian sweets that gets its distinct flavours from jaggery – a traditional sweetener.
– Learn two Indian sweet recipes from one of Singapore’s most dynamic and talented food personality, Chef Devagi
– Cooking Demonstration of Obattu, a sweet indian flatbread stuffed with a mixture of jaggery and lentils or coconut
– Cooking Demonstration of Aval Kesari,a sweet and popular South Indian dessrt
– Dive deep into the quintessential Indian ingredient, jaggery, both dark and golden
– Debunk the myth that sweet is not good for your health. Learn the nutritional content of both dark and golden jaggery
Expand your repertoire to India sweets and join us in this cooking demo with Singapore’s dynamic food personality, Chef Devagi. Honouring the quintessential jaggery, commonly used in Indian households, Chef Devagi will demonstrate two dessert recipes that you can replicate at home and impress your friends!