- This event has passed.
IHC Experiential Little India Discovery Trail (17 July)
July 17, 2022 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Sign up for a guided cultural trail this Racial Harmony Day and journey through heritage in one of the most colourful historical precincts where goldsmiths, textile merchants and spice traders showcase the cross-cultural commonalities that is uniquely Singaporean!
*Suitable for participants 12 years and above
Learn what commonalities the Indian culture has with other ethnicities in Singapore through this guided trail. Discover how food, textile and the hospitality culture brings the community together to make a Uniquely Singapore identity!
- Participants should arrive at the starting point 15 minutes prior to the tour starting time.
- Please present your electronic or printed ticket(s) to join this tour. Walk-in registrations will not be entertained.
- Dress in comfortable clothing and walking shoes, and an umbrella/raincoat in the event of wet weather.
- If you are unable to locate the tour group or guide by the starting time, please have your phone on standby for the tour guide to contact you for further instructions.
- Recommended Age: This workshop is suitable for participants 12 years and above.
- Starting point: Indian Heritage Centre, Lobby (5 Campbell Lane)
Safe management measures for compliance:
- All attendees are required to be fully vaccinated, recovered from COVID-19 within the past 180 days, or be medically ineligible for vaccination.
- Please note that it is mandatory for all participants to wear face masks while indoors at our gallery. We strongly encourage all participants to wear face masks throughout the tour for their personal protection.
- The well-being of our visitors and staff remains our primary concern. For your safety, IHC implements and follows all current safe management measures for staff and visitors. For more information, https://www.nhb.gov.sg/what-we-do/our-work/sector-development/museum-roundtable/safe-management-measures-for-museum-stakeholders
By agreeing to join the tour, each participant shall be responsible for any injury, loss or damage due to carelessness of other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
- The tour will start on time and participants who are late may not be able to get on the tour.
- Photographs may be taken for marketing and publicity purposes.
- We do not accept cash payment.
- No refund/exchange of tickets is allowed under any circumstance except for tour cancellation.
- The tour will proceed in the event of wet weather and participants are advised to each prepare an umbrella or a raincoat in case.
- The tour may be partly or totally cancelled due to inclement weather (e.g. – unhealthy haze conditions, thunderstorms) or due to other unforeseen circumstances affecting the tour.
- In the event of tour cancellation, participants will be informed via email (a few days before the tour) and SMS (2 hours before the tour)
- Participants will receive full refund in case of tour cancellation via Peatix.