- This event has passed.
IHC’s Special Dining Experience (Pongal Open House)
January 12 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Don’t miss this special chance to learn more about where your food comes from and its journey to be presented to you in this special farm-to-table dining experience. Come and experience a vegetarian meal eaten during Harvest Festival! This traditional South Indian vegetarian meal consists of 16 side dishes eaten by hand. You will also learn the nuances behind the serving sequence of the vegetarian meal. This session will close with a special dance performance, giving you a deeper appreciation of Pongal.
Please note that dairy, peanuts and wheat may be present in the meal, and we are unable to cater for any food allergies.
– Learn the importance of harvest in the Pongal Festival
– In-depth explanation of the items served on a South Indian Banana Leaf meal
– Explanation of the benefits of dining on a Banana Leaf and eating with your hands
– Be entertained with a special Pongal dance performance
Enjoy a scrumptious Indian vegetarian meal using your hands and learn the cultural significance behind the dishes served and its importance to Pongal Festival.
About IHC Open House 2023
The annual Indian Heritage Centre (IHC) will be celebrating the Pongal over two weekend-long festival through arts performances, craft workshops, lecture demonstrations and Little India trails. The festival hopes to promote a greater sense of pride and identity in the rich cultural heritage in Singapore. The Open House will be happening on 7-8 and 14-15 Jan 2023.
For more information, visit IHC Website or IHC Facebook Page.
By agreeing to join the workshop, each participant shall be responsible for any injuiry, loss of damage due to carelessness or other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
- The workshop will start on time.
- Photographs may be taken for marketing and publicity purposes.
- We do not accept cash payment
- No refund/exchange of tickets is allowed under any circumstance except for workshop cancellation by IHC.
- Please present your electronic or printed ticket(s) and vaccination status to join this workshop. We are unable to cater for walk-in registrations.
- If you are unable to locate the museum by the event’s starting time, please have your phone on standby for us to contact you for further instructions.
- Recommended Age: This workshop is suitable for participants 12 years and above.
If the workshop has to be cancelled due to unforeseen reasons, participants will be informed via email (a few days before the workshop) and SMS (2 hours before the workshop). Participants will receive full refund in case of tour cancellation via Peatix.