- This event has passed.
Little India Heritage Trail – Singapore HeritageFest Edition
May 13 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Join us for this Singapore HeritageFest (SHF) edition of Little India Heritage Trail and learn about the history and culture of Little of this vibrant precinct. In line with the theme of SHF, participants will also get to know about the sporting history of the Racecourse and the Farrer Park area.
The distinctive Little India precinct melds the old with the new, hosting trades from the past beside modern businesses, and old conserved shophouses next to high-rise buildings. In this precinct, you can find flower garland vendors next to restaurants serving both traditional and fusion meals, small traditional businesses along multi-storey departmental stores. These are just some ways the precinct retains aspects of its history within today’s modern context.
- Participants should arrive at the starting point 15 minutes prior to the tour starting time.
- Please present your electronic or printed ticket(s) to join this tour. Walk-in registrations will not be entertained.
- Dress in comfortable clothing and walking shoes, and an umbrella/raincoat in the event of wet weather.
- If you are unable to locate the tour group or guide by the starting time, please have your phone on standby for the tour guide to contact you for further instructions.
- Recommended Age: This workshop is suitable for participants 12 years and above.
- Starting point: Indian Heritage Centre, Lobby (5 Campbell Lane)