- This event has passed.
Understanding Early Childhood: Academic Coaching Through Child Directed Play
August 22, 2021 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
Research has shown that parents who provide cognitive stimulation at home through reading and play activities are better able to support their children to self-regulate and respond in non-aggressive ways in conflict situations and to succeed at school. When parents are equipped with school readiness strategies, the children will be ready to learn and will more likely be academically successful.
Through this workshop, parents will:
- be aware of what children need in order to do well and enjoy their education journey
- conduct interactive reading
- build their children’s vocabulary and language skills
- encourage beginning reading and spelling skills
- empower their children’s reading confidence
Fees: This programme is fully subsidised for eligible participants with PCI of $1000 and below.
Eligibility: Open to Indian parents with children aged 3 to 6, must be Singaporean Citizens or Permanent Residents with PCI $1000 and below.
Enquiries: Ms Barveen / T: 1800 295 3333 / E: [email protected]