- This event has passed.
Walking Little India: Taste, Feel & Experience
March 16 @ 4:00 pm
An exciting, educational and multi-sensory walking tour
In Singapore, we have infinite opportunities to learn and experience different cultures and religions. The Indian community, the third largest ethnic group in Singapore, offers a history of migration; colourful customs, exciting traditions and intriguing rituals.
Walking Little India: Taste, Feel & Experience, the second of our heritage and cultural series, walks you through the vibrant streets of the ethnic enclave, Little India. Meandering through the narrow and busy streets, be prepared to engage all your senses, as:
- We explore the history and richness that make up Little India
- We discover the meaning behind the vibrant colours, customs and traditions of the Indian community
- We experience the culture itself through garlands, the ancient art of Henna and sampling of sweet snacks
Your journey in Little India will be a multi-sensory one that uses the outdoors as our classroom!
Why join this tour?
We will bring you down the most interesting streets of mazy Little India. Discover and understand the beautiful Indian culture through landmarks, religious places of worship, street art and murals. Through these highlights, you will have a better understanding of the Indian culture and the history that shaped it.
Your tour Includes:
1) A flower garland
2) Henna tattoo on one hand
3) Sample of traditional Indian sweets
Who is this tour for?
- This tour is a perfect introduction for any visitor new to Singapore;
- It is also for locals who are familiar but seek to discover more of the Singapore they live in
- Great for families with school-going children. Join us for a couple of hours of outdoor education and family bonding
- Friends and couples who just want a different activity.
The format of this tour will be this:
- The location of the tour is known, however, the itinerary and plan are kept a mystery. Take a leap of faith!
- Administrative details on what to pack, where to meet, and what we will be doing will be provided a week before.
- Due to COVID-19 precautions, appropriate Safe Management Measures will be taken for the safety of all participants.
- This tour will be led by a licensed guide.
Please refer to the General Terms & Conditions for the event.