Digital Marketing & Communications Executive
We are looking for an experienced Digital Marketing & Communications Executive to assist in the planning, execution and optimisation of Sikh Welfare Council’s (SIWEC) online and real-word marketing communication efforts. Reporting to the Manager, the Marketing and Communications Executive will drive the marketing and communications plans to promote and publicise the organisation’s key initiatives, campaigns, events, etc as outlined in the marketing and communications annual plan.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for all things marketing and technology. You will be tech-savvy and intuitive with great ideas to reinforce our marketing and communications campaigns. You will also have a keen interest to join a team engaged in service (sewa) to help vulnerable families and disadvantaged individuals cope with and overcome a diverse range of social, economic or psychological challenges.
Roles & responsibilities
- Assist in the planning and execution of communicating strategies to internal stakeholders (key volunteers including SIWEC management committee members and sub-committees, donors, Sikh institutions, and community partners (including government agencies from the social service and health sector.)
- Develop creative concepts for content marketing, social media channels and SIWEC’s official website.
- Prepare online newsletters, promotional emails and organise their distribution through various channels.
- Maintain, build and update mailing and customer databases.
- Plan and manage SIWEC’s presence on social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- Measure performance of digital marketing efforts using a variety of analytics tools (including, but not limited to, Mail Chimp, Google Analytics, Web Trends and more).
- Acquire insight into online marketing trends and keep strategies up-to-date.
- To plan and manage SIWEC’s public communications including regular website updates, content creation of engaging stories for social media channels and drafting content for internal publications (e.g. SIWEC annual reports and quarterly e-Newsletter).
- Assist the Manager in organising and managing visits to SIWEC by community partners, donors, government agency representatives, and members of the media.
- To plan and manage publicity and marketing of SIWEC’s community engagement channels and activities (e.g. SIWEC’s fund-raising initiatives, outreach events at various community touchpoints, online or in-person forums, workshops, and webinars/seminars, as well as the biennial SIWEC Appreciation Day.
- Nurture relationships with mainstream and online media and develop narratives to promote and profile SIWEC’s social impact through long-standing and ongoing initiatives, such as the newly launched Theek Thak (Are You Ok?) mental health awareness campaign.
- Secondary Role: As SIWEC point of contact with volunteers who plan, coordinate and conduct SIWEC’s highly successful active ageing programme (Sunehri Sahelian & Sunehray Pal) for seniors, you will assist with venue logistics coordination and help with content development support, besides documenting engaging stories to be featured periodically via SIWEC’s communications channels.
- Minimum diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Preferably with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Exceptional writing, speaking and story-telling skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, ability to communicate in a clear and persuasive manner.
- Proven ability to be proactive, responsive, detail-oriented, demonstrate good judgment, with the ability to deliver work of high quality and accuracy within specified timelines
- Relevant experience in marketing communications capacity in a social service setting will be an advantage.
- Familiarity with basic design functions (Adode Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva).
- Experience with digital analytics tools (Google Analytics, Facebook Business Suite) and Content Management System (e.g. WordPress) is essential.
- With your strong teamwork ethic, you thrive at building and maintaining collaborative relationships.
- You cherish the ability to work autonomously.
- Willing to work on weekends and/ or public holidays when required.