- This event has passed.
Fun with micro:bit – Robotics Set the Timer
July 24 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
About this Programme:
Programming and robotics help children understand the basic principles of computer science and digital literacy which underpins our digital world. It allows children to be digitally ready and prepares them to fully embrace technology and keep pace with the technological advancements of today and the future.
Much like a tiny, pocket-sized computer, the BBC micro:bit encourages children to learn basic coding and programming skills to prepare them for today’s tech-savvy world. In conjunction, children also need to understand the concept of coding to tune the micro:bit and make it work! Makecode is one such block-based coding application that works together with the micro:bit to perform real-world applications.
In this workshop the children will experience how to work with Makecode and micro:bit to design and build awesome, fun-filled projects! Items will be delivered to your home for use during the online workshop!
- Understand the concepts of computational thinking and block-based coding techniques.
- Program the micro:bit through code
- Apply creative thinking and logic to build programs
Participants will be receiving a micro:bit set upon successful registration for the workshop.
Hurry now! Do not miss the chance to get give your child the opportunity to have a hands-on experience with micro:bit!
- Desktop or laptop computer (1 student:1 computer)
- WiFi and Internet connectivity required
- Download the MakeCode for micro:bit on your computer from: makecode.microbit.org/offline-app
- micro:bit kit and accessories (Provided to you! – Delivered to your home!)
- Online platform: Zoom
- Create a stopwatch with MakeCode and micro:bit
- Create a simple door alarm using MakeCode and micro:bit
- Limited slots are available!
- Registration will be on a first come first serve basis!
- A confirmation email will be sent closer to the start of the programme.
Fees: Fully subsidised for eligible participants.