- This event has passed.
IHC’s Little India Trail (Pongal Open House)
January 15 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Join this trail and take a journey back to the past. Take a walk through time and reminisce the early days of Little India amidst the hustle and bustle of cattle and bullock carts. We will go in depth of the significance and importance of the cattle in the Pongal Festival.
– Soak in the festivities and vibrant Pongal market along Campbell Lane
– Learn the significance and importance the cattle has in the Pongal Festival
– Learn the history of the cattle trade in Little India in the 1840s
Take a walk through the history in Little India and learn about the cattle trade in the area. The importance and significance the cattle plays in the Pongal Festival will be explained in great detail. The trail will end at Indian Heritage Centre with a craft activity that you can bring home and showcase your masterpiece.
About IHC Open House 2023
The annual Indian Heritage Centre (IHC) will be celebrating the Pongal over two weekend-long festival through arts performances, craft workshops, lecture demonstrations and Little India trails. The festival hopes to promote a greater sense of pride and identity in the rich cultural heritage in Singapore. The Open House will be happening on 7-8 and 14-15 Jan 2023.
For more information, visit IHC Website or IHC Facebook Page.
By agreeing to join the workshop, each participant shall be responsible for any injuiry, loss of damage due to carelessness or other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
- The workshop will start on time.
- Photographs may be taken for marketing and publicity purposes.
- We do not accept cash payment
- No refund/exchange of tickets is allowed under any circumstance except for workshop cancellation by IHC.
- Please present your electronic or printed ticket(s) and vaccination status to join this workshop. We are unable to cater for walk-in registrations.
- If you are unable to locate the museum by the event’s starting time, please have your phone on standby for us to contact you for further instructions.
- Recommended Age: This workshop is suitable for participants 12 years and above.
If the workshop has to be cancelled due to unforeseen reasons, participants will be informed via email (a few days before the workshop) and SMS (2 hours before the workshop). Participants will receive full refund in case of tour cancellation via Peatix.