- This event has passed.
IHC’s Outdoor Cooking Workshop (Pongal Open House)
January 15 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Come and learn to make Pongal, or sweet rice in the outdoors, in a traditional setting. Discover what ingredients goes into making this delicious concoction cooked in an earthenware pot and the significance of having it boil over.
– Hands on experience on making Pongal in an outdoor traditional setting
– Learn the significance of having the dish boil over
– Immersive Pongal experience
Enjoy learning to make Pongal in a traditional setting, cooked in a new earthenware. Soak in the crucial ritual of the Festival and the significance of making this delicious concoction.
About IHC Open House 2023
The annual Indian Heritage Centre (IHC) will be celebrating the Pongal over two weekend-long festival through arts performances, craft workshops, lecture demonstrations and Little India trails. The festival hopes to promote a greater sense of pride and identity in the rich cultural heritage in Singapore. The Open House will be happening on 7-8 and 14-15 Jan 2023.
For more information, visit IHC Website or IHC Facebook Page.
By agreeing to join the workshop, each participant shall be responsible for any injuiry, loss of damage due to carelessness or other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
- The workshop will start on time.
- Photographs may be taken for marketing and publicity purposes.
- We do not accept cash payment
- No refund/exchange of tickets is allowed under any circumstance except for workshop cancellation by IHC.
- Please present your electronic or printed ticket(s) and vaccination status to join this workshop. We are unable to cater for walk-in registrations.
- If you are unable to locate the museum by the event’s starting time, please have your phone on standby for us to contact you for further instructions.
- Recommended Age: This workshop is suitable for participants 12 years and above.
If the workshop has to be cancelled due to unforeseen reasons, participants will be informed via email (a few days before the workshop) and SMS (2 hours before the workshop). Participants will receive full refund in case of tour cancellation via Peatix.