- This event has passed.
September 11, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
About the workshop
Join us and learn the beautiful art of Kalamkari in this workshop run by a Kalamkari artist. Learn to paint Kalamkari motifs and take home your own artwork on canvas!
What is Kalamkari?
It is a traditional art from the state of Andhra Pradesh in India. It is popular for its colours, patterns and detailed craftmanship. The word Kalamkari is derived of the two words kalam and kari, meaning pen and craftmanship.
This workshop is suitable for participants aged 5 years and above.
- All required materials will be provided for this workshop.
- A ticket is to be purchased for each person taking part in this workshop. Parents are allowed to accompany their child for this workshop.
- Please note that photographs may be taken for marketing and publicity purposes
Safe management measures:
- All attendees are required to be fully vaccinated, recovered from COVID-19 within the past 180 days, or be medically ineligible for vaccination.
- Please note that it is mandatory for all participants to wear face masks while indoors at the museum.
- The well-being of our visitors and staff remains our primary concern. For your information, please visit National Heritage Board’s Safe Management Measures for Museum Stakeholders.
- If the workshop has to be cancelled due to unforeseen reasons, participants will be informed via email ( a few days before the workshop) and SMS (2 hours before the workshop)
- Participants will receive full refund in case of cancellation via Peatix