- This event has passed.
Pre-school Starters: Preparing Your Child for Preschool
July 31, 2021 @ 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
About this Programme:
- How important is preschool? Is it just play?
- What does the research say about children starting school behind their peers?
- What are key considerations when selecting kindergartens/ childcare?
Join us for the session conducted online in collaboration with KidSTART which addresses the above questions to help you better understand more on the critical early development years and you can support your child.
This workshop would help parents to understand how children develop early and how early childhood programmes can support their development. It would also highlight some considerations when selecting Kindergarten/Childcare centres for your child. Research has indicated often that the relationship between teachers and parents is paramount to ensuring positive outcomes for children in preschool, primary school and even beyond.
Structure of Sessions:
- Introduction and Ice breaker: 10 mins
- Early years development: 20 mins
- Debunking some myths about preschool education: 20 mins
- How to select a preschool: 20 mins
- Introduction to KidSTART: 15 mins
- Q&A: 5 mins
Fees: Fully Subsidised for eligible participants. (PCI: $1000 and below)
Enquiries: Ms Juanita Jayapradha (T: 1800 295 3333 / E: [email protected])