- This event has passed.
Introduction to Bharatanatyam with Bhaskar’s Arts Academy
September 19 @ 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Take off your dancing shoes because we will be starting the session dancing barefoot with the instructors from Bhaskar’s Arts Academy who will be demonstrating the basics of Bharatanatyam! Afterwards, enjoy a session of Indian carnatic music and learn more about these traditional Indian performing arts and immerse yourself in this small facet of Indian culture!
There are 4 available slots:
- Sun, 19 September | 2 pm – 3.30 pm
- Sun, 19 September | 4 pm – 5.30 pm
- Sun, 03 October | 2 pm – 3.30 pm
- Sun, 03 October | 4 pm – 5.30 pm
Fees: S$30 (excluding eventbrite service fee)
Meeting Point: Entrance of Bhaskar’s Arts Academy (19 Kerbau Rd Singapore 219158)
- Dress comfortably. Masks are mandatory. Bring along hand sanitisers.
- Participants must abide by the house rules set out by the host (eg. out-of-bound areas, use of toilet). Facilitators will brief participants before the start of the programme.
- Please arrive 20 minutes before our scheduled meeting time for registration and temperature taking.
- Please do not attend the event if you are feeling unwell.
- Look out for our facilitators who will be wearing yellow or blue festival t-shirts.
About Bhaskar’s Arts Academy
Founded in 1952 by Mr KP Bhaskar, Bhaskar’s Arts Academy is renowned in Singapore for its promotion of Indian dance, music and theatre. In total, the academy teaches 3 types of dance, 1 style of theatre and 7 musical instruments (including voice!).
Beyond teaching, the academy is actively involved in bringing the arts to the community. During the 1960s, Mrs Bhaskar (current artistic director) led the troupe in Aneka Ragam Rakyat, a multi-cultural performance bringing arts to the remote villages in Singapore. Today, the academy works with partners such as the National Institute of Education and National Library Board to bring Indian arts to a greater audience. The dancers and directors are also constantly pushing themselves to greater artistic heights by conceptualize new and exciting repertoires.